Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Platinum challenge success

They finally posted the miles from my return flights and I have become platinum. Complete with 100% bonus for my last flight and all.

I am very happy that this became a successfull double challenge as I received a few extra miles in the way of the 25% Gold bonus for the flights I made between reaching gold and platinum, which works out to 2195 miles extra. I was also able to use some of the gold member benefits such as electronic upgrades.

What this does mean is that it may be possible for you to first sign up for the gold challenge, then wait a couple of days to do the platinum challenge. Write here if you manage to do so.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can be an AAdvantage member and sign up of the Platinum Challenge. No need to sign up for the Gold Challenge.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I did the gold then platinum...at first I was mad at myself for signing up for the Gold Challenge - then I realized through bonuses and preferred seating etc. It is better to do it that way...

I.e. I got to board first and sit in the exit row, a month before I would have seen any benefits with the Platinum challenge.

I also spoke to someone at American last week, and she said that if I didn't meet the challenge in my 90 days - I was able to re-enroll on day 91! No reason not to give it a go!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As of October 1st, 2008 they're now charging for these challenges. It's $75 to do the Gold Challenge and $150 to do the Platinum challenge. What really sucks is that if you don't get the 10,000 points in the 90 days you don't get your money refunded.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home